Our current address is: two-movies.me Spread the word! Donate!
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

The Personal History of David Copperfield (58 views, 3 replies)

top expert
Report comment
(2wk)
(edited)
I can't wait for this!

top expert
Report comment
(2wk)
Thanks for posting. David Copperfield is my jamm! Personal History has my favorite Doctor Who and I LUV Dr. House; Tilda & Dev from my favorite Wes Anderson movie; Ben Whishaw my favorite "Shakespeare King" (Tom Hiddleston did my favorite Henry); Morfydd was in my favorite film adaptation of a Jane Austen novel (& I hate zombie movies); plus, wonderful Gwendoline Christie gets to shed our beloved Brienne & become a heartless beyotch.

Such fun. But when will it be released in the US? I see releases for UK, Australia, even Portugal...why did Searchlight get North American distribution rights if they were only going to show it in Canada? smiley (stupid stupid TIFF) What a world, what a world smiley Won't someone break this ugly cycle of negative emotions and tell me when this fabulous film will be released city-wide and not just in "selected theaters"? (Cuz you know stinkin' NY & LA will get to see it in 2019 so that it'll be Oscar eligible.) smiley

+1

↑   hide 1 reply...

top expert
Report comment
(2wk)
@wolfeather11 I see 2019 on imdb and 2020 in the trailer, so I would think a US release next year. It's confusing.

top expert
Report comment
(1wk)
smiley Good News: Most people who have seen the film love it. Even Rotten Tomatoes, that usually gives movies 20 points less than they deserve, gives "Personal History" a 96% (even the Tomato-Splat critics grudgingly admitted they enjoyed the film).

smiley Bad News: Looks like they are only planning on a limited release in May 2020. The Hollywood Reporter said: "Fox Searchlight said Monday it will release the pic May 8, 2020, in select theaters".

Hopefully, it will be a worldwide sensation & their greed will force them to release the film in villages & towns in every land (as you read the different articles did you get the feeling the suits don't have any faith in Dickens or Iannucci? Or maybe faith in the audience appreciating Cul-sha...

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 330,615 users who love movies and TV shows!