Our current address is: two-movies.me Spread the word! Donate!
Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

Hernán TV Series (2019– ) (70 views, 6 replies)

top expert

master
Report comment
(5d)
This is an amazing series about the Conquest of Mexico by Hernán Cortés. It is a Mexican-Spanish co-production. The actors are great and the views superb. It is very violent though so it is not for the faint of heart. I really enjoyed it. smiley smiley

+1

↑   hide 4 replies...

top expert
Report comment
(4d)
@matesaca It is violent indeed. I finished it last night.

master
Report comment
(4d)
@Nasos Besides the violence, what did you think? Did you find it interesting?

top expert
Report comment
(4d)
@matesaca Yes. Cinematography, costumes, dialogues, I enjoyed them. I think violence was minimal in the expected atmosphere and it's focus was not to shock and provoke but to give picture to the expected fight of the primitive people that used sucrifices and the Spaniards. The director had to use dramatical economy not only in the violence scenes but in many other things to fit the production finances. It was used to cover in many ways the number of the soldiers, the long period of events and the noumerous fight scenes and events that occured. Many flash backs were used to put everything in a logical line of events for the audience (Sometimes this was sudden and made me tired a bit, don't know if it was because i was watching this series late at night). I think in general the production and the director managed with a certain number of casting actors and materials to achieve great resault, balanced and pleasant to watch.

top expert
Report comment
(4d)
@Nasos Sorry this "dramatical economy" i used may make no sense to u at all. I tried to translate a definition of something used in ancient greek drama (skiniki ikonomia) that means the use of ways to prevent audience seeing things that upset them or the use of ways to save time, materials. Represents workarounds of the director to make things more compact and presentable. Sorry again, english language is not my strong card.

+1

master
Report comment
(4d)
Thank you so much for that great explanation. I agree with everything you say but I have to recognize that I got lost with some of the flashbacks. Also, some of the episodes did not have subtitles for the mayan and nahualt languages. I teach this stuff but I did not know some of the details. I am not sure about the total accuracy of the story either.... I hope to keep talking about films and movies with you.

+1

Similar forum topics

FEEDBACK

Join 331,816 users who love movies and TV shows!